Sunday, February 10, 2013

Program Book Cover Shoot

As I reflect on my magical year as Mrs. Colorado in 2002, one of the most incredible memories was photographing the cover for the Mrs. Colorado program book.  It felt surreal, my hair in a ornate up-do created perfectly around my sparkly crown, make up that created a flawless face, and wearing an elaborate evening gown that made me feel like a queen from the inside out. I truly felt like Cinderella as she entered the ball on that enchanted evening. What was even more incredible was seeing my picture on the cover of the program book pageant weekend.

 

We shot the program cover for DeAnna Holiday, Mrs. Ohio 2013 this past week. It was full of glamour, dreams and surprise. DeAnna started her day of glamour by getting her make up done with the fabulous and talented, Muchion Hughes from the Make Up Store.
 
 
 
Mrs. Colorado Courtney Graham and roommate at Mrs. America came to be part of the day. 
 
 
Then we headed to Timothy D’s, A Salon where the incredible DJ created a beautiful hairdo only fit for a queen.
 

 
 
Then we had to find the Mrs. Ohio banner and crown in the rental car.
 
Our final stop was the photography studio – Graphique Fine Art Photography with Megan Anderson. It was so fun to watch DeAnna work her magic in front of the camera, it brought back so many wonderful memories for me.

 

The beautiful evening gown was provided by the Raeanne Smith with the Royal Image Boutique. 
 


 
The ultimate cover will be revealed pageant weekend.  One thing I do know for certain, the cover will be unbelievable as DeAnna’s words to us at the photo shoot were, “I have faith in you all.” 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment